I’m a big fan of sweet breakfasts, and these fluffy vegan pancakes are just perfect. Loved by vegans and non-vegans alike, these are a perfect start to any day.
Serve warm with a topping of your choice. I love these pancakes with homemade blueberry jam and a dash of syrup.
The best part about these pancakes is that they are so easy to make and will be ready within half an hour, so if you wake up hungry or have limited time, these are a fool-proof way to start your day.
The Fluffiest Pancakes
- 140 g flour
- 20 g caster sugar
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 235 ml plant-based milk (I use oat)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp neutral oil (I use olive oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- syrup, fruit, or other toppings of choice
- In a measuring jug or small bowl, mix together the plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar and let sit for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the milk mixture along with the olive oil and vanilla extract into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour a small amount of the mixture onto a hot non-stick pan over medium heat. The amount you pour depends on your preferred size of pancakes. (read recipe notes below)
- When bubbles start forming on the surface, flip the pancake over and cook for 30 seconds or until golden brown. Repeat for the rest of the batter
- Serve warm with topping of choice.
- If you worry the pancakes will stick, you can wipe a small amount of oil on the pan before heating. Avoid a large amount of fat in the pan if you want perfect golden-brown pancakes.